Join local Phoenix Club Champions in Giving Hope
AES, amain.com, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Break a Difference, Collin Sweeney Memorial Fund, Fifth Sun, Comcast Foundation, Gap Inc., Give Back Brands, Greater Good Foundation, Harrison Drywall, Golden Valley Bank Community Foundation, JP Morgan Chase, LPL Financial Foundation, NorthStar of Chico, Oliver Properties, Ltd., Pacific Youth Foundation, Ray Morgan Company, Slater & Son, 3 Core & Verizon Foundation.
A CASE FOR GIVING – PHOENIX CLUB 535 WALL ST, CHICO
Before the Camp Fire struck, there were five BGCNV sites in Paradise serving 500 youth. The BGCNV has adjusted its program rapidly to follow its partnership with Paradise Unified School District to reopen in Magalia, created two temporary Clubs and increased capacity in the two Chico Clubs. The greatest impact and need has been in Chico for the Paradise and Magalia youth that have enrolled in Chico schools and found stable housing in Chico.
Response to Camp Fire has been remarkable:
- Out of 500 displaced members, 481 provided with care, services and gift cards
- Paradise Unified School District: Created temporary Clubs in five locations
- 172 Paradise/Magalia youth have enrolled in our Chico Clubs, with 300 more on waitlists
Our Plan Is To Protect the Present and Future through:
- Growing Phoenix Campaign Program to increase capacity at new site – 535 Wall St.
- Securing 5-year local pledges to secure the Phoenix Club to serve 150 additional kids
- Case manage families to help them with their immediate needs and long-term plans
For the last two decades the Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley has worked to build a strong foundation for kids in our communities by providing:
- Safe place to learn & grow
- Caring adult professionals
- Positive life-changing programs & activities
Youth Outcomes Highlights:
- Strong academic programs, increased scholastic performance & school attendance
- Decreases in juvenile crime, recidivism, gang involvement and aggressive behavior
- Increases in accountability, healthy habits, and self-sufficiency
- Increased graduation, employment, college opportunities and scholarships
We are Unique because we:
- Feed kids a snack and supper daily and send home fresh produce on the weekends
- Provide on-site case management, counseling and homeless services on site
- Expose youth to experiences they otherwise wouldn’t have access to
Fulfilling Our Promise to Paradise and Magalia kids by:
- Providing daily year round programming afterschool and in the summer
- Filling gaps such as groceries, clothing, cash, etc. until families are stable
- Securing local pledges to continue to expand our social services to support the Paradise and Magalia kids in our Chico facilities
National Recognition Include:
- GuideStar – Platinum Participant
- Bronze – League of Eagles Board and Executive Leadership
- 2015 Career Launch Innovation Award
PHOENIX CLUB BOYS & GIRLS CLUB FOUNDERS CAMPAIGN DETAILS
Brandon Slater, Slater & Son led the Phoenix Club renovations to ensure we could occupy the facility within 10 weeks of signing the lease. The Phoenix Club will expand our ability to be a trauma responsive care program with a focus on resiliency for up to 150+ additional Paradise and Magalia displaced youth. In order to continue to provide our life changing programs, we are seeking 5-year pledges to serve youth daily during the school year and provide a full day summer camp throughout the summer. All pledge sponsors will be recognized on our website and at an annual event. ProjectChampions: Slater & Son Inc., NorthStar in Chico, Bill Webb Homes, Carpets Galore, CES Alarm, Charles Crabtree Painting Co., Four R Plumbing, GW Accessories, Harris Commercial Real Estate Services, Harrison Drywall, Miller Glass Inc., Sam’s Door Shop, Sierra Range, Sun Valley Acoustical, Table Mountain Cabinets, Tri Path Technology Group
A variety of private and public resources are needed to start and sustain the Boys & Girls Clubs of Chico, Phoenix Club. We are asking our friends and neighbors, our local leaders and business community, our parents, and our teachers to join us in demonstrating our commitment to a bright future for our youth by helping us build and sustain a strong and safe place where they can learn and grow.
Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley (BGCNV) – A Private 501(c)3 Corporation:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley is a locally run, GuideStar Platinum Participant non-profit that is governed by a board of 50 community leaders. Local Clubs rely solely on its own boards and staff to raise funds necessary for its successful operations in each community.
Click to join us in creating the Phoenix Club for 150 displaced youth as Paradise rebuilds! Contact Rashell Brobst at 530-899-0335 X2206 to find out how to get involved.
Together we can give local kids a safe place to heal, recover and rebuild in our community.