Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley (BGCNV) is a private 501c3 non-profit organization formed in 1995 to provide comprehensive youth development services, activities and programs for youth in the northstate region. It is governed by a local board of volunteer directors, staffed by over 70 youth development professionals and supported by over 500 community volunteers.
BGCNV currently serves more than 2,000 youth and operates 10 sites, throughout Butte & Glenn Counties, where members, ages 6 to 18, can access a variety of quality services in Academics, Health & Wellness and Character and Leadership programs. Our primary focus area is out of school time programs designed to provide comprehensive youth development services, activities and programs for youth in the northstate region.
Mission: To inspire and enable all young people to reach their full potential as responsible, productive and caring citizens.
Vision: Provide a world-class Club Experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who enters our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
For over 100 years, Boys & Girls Clubs across the nation have shared four unique characteristics that have proven successful in attracting youth from all backgrounds, and that enhance the club’s abilities to work in partnership with other organizations possessing similar goals and values.
- Boys & Girls Clubs are designed solely for youth. They are physical places where youth feel they belong and where they develop a sense of ownership and pride.
- Boys & Girls Clubs are dependable. They are open daily when kids need them.
- Boys & Girls Clubs employ professional youth development staff. Highly trained youth professionals are equipped to address the many challenges faced by young people, provide long term mentoring and offer positive guidance to members and their families.
- Boys & Girls Clubs are affordable and accessible so that all children are welcome and no child is ever turned away.
Cost: The cost of an annual membership is only $100 and young people whose families cannot afford to pay are eligible to apply for a scholarship. The true cost of annual services to youth is approximately $3,000 per member however, through the generosity of our community donors and funders, no child is ever turned away for economic reasons and we put kids first.
Proof we are worth investing in:
- Grand Jury audited and recommended as a proven program
- Platinum participant through GuideStar
- Comply with the Office of State Assembly
- Training site for Boys & Girls Clubs and other after school programs
- Model program for youth development best practices
Tax I.D. # 68-0294846