Give local kids healthy futures by becoming a partner to help them create healthy habits, get regular healthy meals that address food insecurity, and continuous physical activity that will improve their overall well-being. Our programs are designed to incorporate healthy living and physical activity in every part of the Club experience, build the capacity of young people to make informed decisions about their health and establish appropriate healthy attitudes, knowledge and skills throughout their childhood.
The various programs we provide include: Be There, Triple Play, Healthy Habits, Interactive Journaling®, Kids in Control, Kids in the Kitchen, OJP Mentoring Program, SMART Moves and Opioid Prevention, SMART Girls, Passport to Manhood, ART (Anger Replacement Training), Sportsperson of the Month, Sportsperson of the Year, monthly lice checks and eradication, clothing and shoes as needed, hygiene kits, daily snack and supper, weekly farmers market food to take home.
Sponsorships enable our Clubs to provide these programs, purchase food, health, sports and kitchen supplies, behavior management programs, provide transportation, offer incentives and awards, and support community mentors. Contact Rashell Brobst at (530) 899-0335 to become a partner.
Programs Meet These Developmental Assets:
• Develop an Understanding of Consequences & Obligations
• Develop Meaningful Relationships with Adult/Peers
• Improve Behavior, Self-esteem & Overall Well-Being
• Develop Skills for Effective Communication
• Develop Problem-Solving & Conflict Resolution Skills
• Develop Skills to Identify & Resist Peer, Social & Media Pressures
• Develop Critical Thinking & Media Literacy Skills
• Develop a Higher Sense of Competency as Pertains to Decision-Making & Coping with Stress
• Develop Healthy Attitudes of Personal Responsibility, Pride & Higher Standards
• Improve Cardio-Respiratory Endurance
• Improve Muscle Strength & Endurance
• Improve Knowledge of Game Rules
• Improve Knowledge of Nutrition & Health
• Develop Time Management & Organization Skills
• Interact with Others in a Positive, Supportive & Empathetic Manner
Thank you to our 2021 Partners:
Alternative Energy Systems, Inc.
Anthem Blue Cross – Triple Play, Farm 2 Kids & Holiday Meal Sponsor
Arbonne Charitable Foundation
Butte County Probation Department
Butte County Public Health
California Health & Wellness
Chico Unified School District – Food Service
Golden Valley Bank
North State Food Bank – Farm 2 Kids
Slater & Son
Union Pacific Foundation
Victor Treatment Center